- 4 small cucumbers, scrubbed clean and diced small 1 sweet red bell pepper, cleaned and diced small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 1 celery stalk , chopped small
- 1 radish, chopped small (optional)
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped fine
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated sweet onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Put all the prepared vegetables in a large bowl and toss together, then add the beans and lightly toss just to combine. In a small bowl put the remaining ingredients and whisk vigorously until blended well and dressing gets lighter in color and becomes frothy.
Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Drizzle about half the dressing into the bowl with the vegetables, toss, and add more if desired, tossing again.
Serve immediately or chill slightly (about 20 minutes) before serving if you wish. If your diet doesn’t allow cannellini beans, you can substitute another form of protein such as diced cooked turkey or chicken. This is a very refreshing salad that can take a lot of tweaking.
This makes a nice side dish for a grilled fish, chicken, or other meat dish. You can also serve it as a light supper, lunch, or even a brunch dish.
Use a variety of herbs in the dressing to make this dish different every time you make it. You can also change the beans to others you may prefer.